Studies in Medieval and Renaissance History
- ISSN: 0081-8224
- Frequency: Annual
The annual Studies in Medieval and Renaissance History is a journal that provides an outlet for the publication of scholarship that often falls outside the limitations of other scholarly periodicals. We are particularly eager to publish interpretive and historiographical essays that explore the ramifications of current scholarship or that treat issues and themes of interest to any historian of the pre-modern period.
[Formerly published by AMS Press, Inc. To renew a subscription or standing order for SMRH, please email ACMRS].
We seek submissions of about twenty to about ninety double-spaced typescript pages in length on all aspects of medieval, Renaissance and early modern history, and we invite interpretive essays, historiographical essays, translations, commentaries on texts, and research notes.
Please include a 150-word abstract of your article. All essay manuscripts must be double-spaced (including documentation).
Submissions should follow The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed. (2003) or The Chicago Manual of Style Online but omit names of book publishers from citations.
Since the review process is blind, please make sure that your name does not appear anywhere in the text of your article. Should you need to cite your own work, please refer to yourself in the third person. All manuscripts are subject to editorial modification.
Pictures should be clear photocopies. When an article is accepted, authors will be expected to provide 5” x 7” or 8.5” x 11” black-and-white glossy photographs and all necessary permissions.
Digital images with a minimum resolution of 1000 x 1000 pixels are acceptable in place of glossy photographs.
Submit typescripts in one digital copy. All typescripts should have footnotes, not endnotes. The digital file should be in rich text format (.rtf).
Submissions are reviewed year round.
- Paul Acker, St. Louis University
- James Amelang, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Nora Berend, University of Cambridge
- Alan Bernstein, University of Arizona
- Elizabeth A. R. Brown, Graduate School, City University of New York
- R. Scott Clark, Westminster Seminary, California
- Albrecht Classen, University of Arizona
- Mark R. Cohen, Princeton University
- Steven Fanning, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Laura Gianetti, University of Miami
- Laura Hollengreen, Georgia Institute of Technology
- David Johnson, Florida State University
- Alyce Jordan, Northern Arizona University
- Susan Karant-Nunn, University of Arizona
- Ryan Kashanipour, Northern Arizona University
- Peter C. Mancall, University of Southern California
- Richard G. Newhauser, Arizona State University
- Curtis Perry, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Marie-Louise Rodén, Kristianstad University, Högskolan, Sweden
- David Tavárez, Vassar College
- Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, Arizona State University
- Stefan Stantchev, Arizona State University
- Retha Warnicke, Arizona State University
- Cynthia White, University of Arizona
3rd Series, Vol. 15 (2018)
3rd Series, Vol. 14 (2017)
3rd Series, Vol. 13 (2016)
3rd Series, Vol. 12 (2015)
3rd Series, Vol. 11 (2014)
3rd Series, Vol. 10 (2013)
3rd Series, Vol. 9 (2012)
3rd Series, Vol. 8 (2011)
3rd Series, Vol. 7 (2010)
3rd Series, Vol. 6 (2009)
3rd Series, Vol. 5 (2008)
3rd Series, Vol. 4 (2007)
Subscriptions to the journal can be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org